Few Steps To Unclog The Garbage Disposal
Few steps are mentioned below to solve the problems when garbage disposal clogged.
- First you must shut off the electric power switch.
- Now you must take a quick look at the disposal and try to analyze the problem.
- If you see any object has caused the clog, then use a pair of pliers to remove the object.
- Now wait for few minutes for the disposable motor to cool down.
- If you see the problem still persists, then insert a long dowel or a wooden spoon into the drain opening.
- Push it against the impeller and rock it back and forth. Do not use hands inside it.
- Now wait for it to cool down and get your disposal cleaned.
How To Fix a Garbage Disposer That Leaks
Few steps are mentioned below to solve the Garbage disposal leaking problems.
- Locate the leakage on your garbage disposal unit. After locating you must clean the space with a dry rag.
- Now turn off the disposal. If the leakage is in the drain pipe, then you must remove the pipe by removing the clamp.
- If you see that the leak is coming from the fixture, then you must replace it. Other cases you can fix it.
- In other cases, you can seal the crack and use it again. In most cases replacing is a better option.
How To Fix a Garbage Disposer That Won’t Switch ON
Few steps to turn on the reset button when garbage disposal Not working:-
- Turn off the garbage disposal wall switch and unplug it.
- Now insert garbage disposal wrench into center opening in the bottom.
- Now release the jam inside the garbage disposal by using plunger.
- Now rotate the wrench again to ensure that there is no more jam.
- Now plug the garbage disposal into the outlet.
- Now turn on the reset button and see whether it has turned on.
- If it does not function, then you must open the circuit panel.
- Hold the voltage detector against the wall switch. If the detector does not sense any electricity, then you must replace it.